All people want white teeth because it looks more attractive. Nowadays people understand the importance of white teeth. Whenever you meet and talk to someone what do you notice first? It’s their smile. How white are their teeth? That is why people are more concerned about teeth and even it improves self-confidence as well. If our teeth are white and shining, we can talk to anybody without any hesitance. Maintaining healthy, beautiful, and white teeth is very important.
Let’s discuss WHITEN TEETH NATURALLY.
Why Do Teeth Get Yellow?
Perfect white teeth are just an unrealistic expectation.
The reason for yellow teeth may be as, teeth have three layers in them, the outer translucent enamel, the inner yellowish dentine, and then the inside soft pulp. The enamel is a translucent layer that keeps on depositing on the dentin during the early development of the tooth. Naturally (non-damaged), human teeth are bluish-white in color due to the color of fully developed translucent laminar Enamel deposition over dentin. So, initially, the teeth appear white. But due to various unfavorable factors of degradation, the teeth tend to lose the so-called laminarity of the enamel formation; hence the translucent layer reflects the yellowness of the dentin beneath it! The shade in your teeth is because of underlying dentin that you can’t basically change. And hence the teeth appear Yellow!
Common factors which affect the tooth color are: –
- Genetics: Genes play an initial and can say a major role.
- Diet: Coffee, tea, tomato, beetroot, berries etc. stain the teeth yellow.
- Ugly habits: Smoking can adversely affect your teeth color. It can convert your teeth from white to yellow; yellow to brown and even darker.
- Over brushing: Over brushing can also be the cause of the degradation to the enamel.
Teeth Whitening Home Remedies:
There are said to be many “home remedies” for teeth whitening. Some may help, but most home remedies will damage your teeth, so some teeth whitening home remedies and their effects are:
- Whitening Teeth with Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is an acid and can harm your teeth. You may end up with a lot of cavities and irreparably damaged tooth enamel. The reason that lemon juice “works” is that it causes the teeth to lose calcium (which gives teeth some of their off-white colors). Calcium is a major component of healthy teeth, and once it is lost, your teeth become very susceptible to decay. DO NOT use lemon juice for whitening.
- Whitening Teeth with Wood Ash: The reason wood ash whitens your teeth is that it contains potassium hydroxide (aka lye). However, only hardwood ash contains significant concentrations of potassium hydroxide. Softwood ash does not. Before lye was available commercially, soap was made by leeching the potassium hydroxide from hard wood ash and then combining it with tallow (rendered animal fat). You may want to exercise caution when using hardwood ash too often as a tooth whitening agent. The harshness of the potassium hydroxide could significantly damage your teeth over time.
- Whitening Teeth with Strawberries: It is not advisable to brush your teeth with strawberries. The sugar and acid in the strawberry will harm your teeth more than it will help if you don’t immediately brush your teeth with regular toothpaste. If you choose to brush with strawberries, be sure to brush your teeth immediately afterward with fluoride toothpaste, and to floss.
- Whitening Teeth with Baking Soda: Baking soda is said to have teeth whitening properties and this is considered as a major ingredient in mainstream and popular kinds of toothpaste. All you need to do is to gently scrub it over your tooth’s surface and you will witness the difference. Moreover, baking soda prevents your teeth from producing more bacteria. However, you need to understand that this may not be a remedy that can whiten your teeth overnight; instead, it would take a couple of weeks when constantly used. Currently, brushing with toothpaste containing baking soda helps in reducing bad bacteria in your mouth and this can also help in removing stains. Baking Soda won’t bleach your teeth, but it will help get plaque off and make them shine. Be warned that Baking Soda is an abrasive and if you use it too much, the enamel on your teeth can get damaged.
- Coconut Oil Rinse: In the morning, before you brush your teeth, scoop out a tablespoon or a little less (depending on the size of your mouth) of coconut oil. You can either soften it, or just put it in your mouth (I usually do the latter, and just let it soften.) Push, swish, and “pull” the oil through and around your teeth for 10-15 minutes, then spit it out, rinse with water, and brush your teeth.
- Use hydrogen peroxide: This works great as a natural teeth whitener. Many people confirm to the fact that it does make their teeth look whiter. Mix a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with a small amount of baking soda to make a paste. Brush your teeth as usual, making sure you brush those back teeth too. Hydrogen peroxide is an anti-bacterial agent and works great as a total mouth and gum cleaner and keeps the mouth free of germs.
How to Prevent Your Teeth From Getting Stained:
For the sake of beautiful smiles, we must prevent our teeth from getting stained. Nutritious food, chewing correctly for digestion, and even protecting yourself from other diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. proper care of teeth is important. Apart from that, to keep yourself free from toothache, pain, and discomfort, and even to have beautiful and whiten teeth intact for a long time you must prevent them from getting stained by following a few unique tips such as:
- Brush your teeth regularly: Brush your teeth well at least twice a day and take two minutes each time. Brush in such a way that your brush reaches all sides of the teeth and also touches your tongue. The first two minutes when brushing your teeth, brush your teeth using just water with a dry brush. It will not contain any toothpaste. Make sure the biofilm (yellowish plaque) attached to your teeth under the gums is clean. Take a little time to bend and move the brush quickly below the gum line, as it is most important to clean. Toothpaste can be applied after these two minutes. You will get the benefit of fluoride in it; you will be able to remove stains. Your teeth will become whiter.
- Use floss and tongue scraper on teeth tailgater: Eating any food, it sticks to your teeth (such as meat, corn, caramel, peanuts, butter, etc.). So, use Floss on your teeth daily. Using Floss, you can also clean the other side of your teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach. An essential part of hygiene is the tongue scraper. Use it to get rid of bad breath and tongue plaque. You can also clean your tongue using your toothbrush.
- Use mouthwash: Find a good fluoride mouthwash with your dentist. Fluoride mouthwash helps to strengthen teeth. It is good to teach children between the ages of 8 and 12 to use mouthwash. However, before use, take a look at the instructions and follow accordingly.
- Protecting the face from any injury: Various sports help in the formation of our body, but in many cases, due to carelessness or accident, the teeth can be injured, and the tooth may break or be wholly uprooted. In these cases, it is possible to avoid an accident by using the Mouth Guard.
- No Smoking and Tobacco Use: Not only does smoking and tobacco Jordan discolor or blacken the naturally beautiful color of the teeth, but smoking tobacco use can also cause cancer in humans. Therefore, it is essential to avoid tobacco to ensure healthy teeth and mouth. A clinical psychologist or counselor in this regard help is needed.
- Eating nutritious food for healthy teeth and gums: Eating a balanced diet at any age is essential. Scientists believe that some foods contain omega and fats that prevent inflammation of the teeth and gums. However, every day some vegetables such as spinach, spinach, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lemons, and fruits like oranges, grapefruits, mango, guava, banana, etc. keep the teeth and gums healthy.
- Avoiding sweet and sugary foods: Different types of bacteria in the mouth combine with sweet or sugary foods to form acids, resulting in rapid tooth decay. Therefore, it is important to brush or gnash your teeth after eating sweets. Teeth need to be touched, mostly if babies eat milk in a feeder before going to bed at night, and it contains sugar or chocolate.
- Consult with dentists: Researchers believe that regular dental check-ups every six months to clean plaque through dental scaling can prevent a lot of dental caries and gum disease, which is not possible with brushes or dental Floss.
If you want well-groomed, white teeth, you have to do something about it. Many people resort to cheap whitening home remedies and brush their teeth with activated charcoal, baking soda, or baking powder. Soda, baking powder & activated charcoal have a strong bleaching effect. Natural methods like turmeric, coconut oil & oil pulling are gentler and improve oral hygiene Sage & Indian basil are great natural whitening methods. Lemon juice or strawberry acid can damage teeth. So it’s recommended to prevent your teeth from getting yellowish in advance.
“HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”