When we talk about food that provides energy to us, we come to know that these foods are sugary drinks, candy, and pastries. They provide energy but they raise blood sugar levels significantly. As they get digested very quickly, they increase your hunger. You eat them and you find yourself hungry again. Whereas solid food is known as complex carbs, proteins, and healthy fats take longer to digest. They satisfy hunger and provide a slow and steady stream of energy. Now you are wondering which foods may help maintain your alertness and focus throughout the day.
Sometimes we all face this in our life and very frequently as well. Sometimes getting up from bed is a very hard task in the morning to do. It is impossible to get up, you just want to lie down and save your energy. This happens because of the food that you consume. The food we consume says a lot about our overall body behavior. Eating unhealthy food can significantly deteriorate your health and you will face many problems as well because of that. Keep in mind that the food you eat can make a big difference in giving you the energy and motivation to get throughout your day.
Therefore, it is advisable to have proper food. One should eat properly balanced food, you can include protein, carbohydrates that slowly get digested, and healthy fats, along with some fruit or vegetables that come in the category of roughage. Why should one take these nutrients?
The reasons are quite simple:
- Proteins: These are used to build and repair tissue in your body, transport, store nutrients, and provide your body with energy.
- Carbohydrates: These are the main source of energy for your body. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that aids in digestion.
- Fats: These supply energy and help your body absorb some vitamins. Get plenty of monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats, such as those found in nuts, avocados, and olive oil.
- Roughage: Roughage is a type of fiber that is edible. It can stand with the human digestive system’s enzymes. This facilitates the proper disposal of waste materials.
Thus, one should have food that somehow contains these necessary factors. Now the question comes: what are those foods that can come in this category, that can provide instant energy? Well, for instance, some of them are given below;
Best 18 High Energy Foods and Drink
- Oatmeal – food processed in the body to release the energy it contains. Foods high in carbohydrates may be the easiest to convert into fuel. There are some carbohydrates like sugar, which tend to be used very quickly. And you feel hungry again. You can have oats and grains for breakfast. They are considered complex carbohydrates that make you feel full for a longer duration. Moreover, they provide a good amount of energy.
- Almond butter – almond butter is another good option that can be taken into consideration. Almonds are a good source of fats, antioxidants, iron, calcium, and vitamin E. Moreover, they also have protein. Therefore, having Two tablespoons of almond butter that have 3.3 grams of fiber and 6.7 grams of protein, will make you feel full for longer.
- Eggs – eggs are another good option as One egg contains 75 calories, along with 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats. Furthermore, they are versatile, which means they can be cooked as omelets with vegetables, boiled as well as fried.
- Greek Yogurt – is a good source of prebiotics. Prebiotics are living microorganisms that help your gut stay healthy. You can add Greek yogurt very easily to your diet. It blends in very easily with different foods.
- Papaya – papaya is a good option to eat for breakfast. As they are high in fiber as well as in antioxidants that are known as carotenoids as well as vitamins A and C.
- Ground Flaxseed – flaxseed is high in soluble fiber, which is important as it helps in making digestion slow and lowers the blood sugar level. You can have flaxseed at any time of the day. People tend to have them for breakfast. You can add a couple of tablespoons of ground flaxseed onto your oatmeal or on your yogurt, etc.
- Berries – all kinds of berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are often considered superfoods. Why have they considered superfoods as they are high in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C? They are low in calories so you can have them without thinking twice. Berries can be blended in with smoothies made with almond, oat, dairy, or coconut milk, or can be added to oatmeal or yogurt.
- Chia seeds – are a high source of fiber. They are good at absorbing water thus the food gets expanded with the water that is present in it. Chia seeds can be blended in such a way that when they absorb milk they expand and create a pudding-like consistency. Thus, after consuming them, you will feel full for a long period.
- Coconut – coconut is another great option as they have several important minerals and a small number of B vitamins. They are high in fiber and help in maintaining the blood sugar level, moreover, slow down digestion as well.
- Chicken – chicken is another great option for having a good protein diet. It is a rich source of protein that can help you feel full for the day and provide you with the necessary amount of energy as well.
- Beef liver – beef liver is one of the best sources of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is important as it helps in providing energy. Not only with vitamin B12 but it is loaded with protein.
- Oysters – are a good source of low-fat protein. Moreover, they are loaded with zinc. That helps your body to fight against germs that could run you down and make you feel tired.
- Beans – beans are another important food that can be put into consideration as They are a great source of protein and magnesium. especially if you are vegetarian or vegan, they are a good option. They have plenty of fiber that helps to slow digestion.
- Sardines – sardines contain high-quality animal protein in them. This high-quality protein provides steady energy. They also contain omega-3 “marine” fatty acids in them. Thus, they become another option that you can go for.
- Coffee – coffee helps in boosting your energy level as it contains caffeine. It helps in maintaining focus.
- Tea – A cup of tea is a low-calorie way to replace sugary sodas and soft drinks that can spike and then crash your energy levels in the middle of the day.
- Dark chocolate – dark chocolate is lower in sugar content. It helps in lifting mood and brain functionality. Dark chocolate also has Antioxidants in the cocoa that can help protect cells, lower blood pressure, and improve blood flow.
- Water – drinking water is important if you are not properly hydrated you will feel tired and less energetic therefore, you need to drink a good amount of water.
Thus, if you add any of these foods to your breakfast, it might give you the extra boost you need to make it through a busy day.
The food that is mentioned above contains a healthy dose of fiber. That will help to slow down digestion and keep you satiated. The vitamins and antioxidants combined with protein and healthy fats are sure to make you feel energized as you go about your day.
To get the most out of your morning meal, aim for a breakfast that includes protein along with slowly digested carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fruits or vegetables.
Disclaimer: “HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”