We often grow unwanted hair in different parts of our bodies. This hair is generally removed using a medical process and a highly advanced scientific technology using a beam of laser lights. This extensive technology not only helps to remove unwanted body hair safely and scientifically from the surface of your skin but also helps to delay further growth of body hair in the future for a prolonged period of time. The process of hair removal using laser lights includes absorption of the lights deep into the skin pigments called melanin. This further leads to the generation of heat from the laser lights that burn and damage the follicles of the hair and blocks further hair growth from these tube-shaped sacs of hair within the layers of skin. Moreover, the hair that further grows in the future is much lighter, and takes a longer time to grow, compared to normal shaving, or waxing.
Reason Behind Use of Laser for Hair Removal:
In purpose of using laser lights for hair removal is to lower down the growth of unwanted hair in different parts of the body such as armpits, legs, hands, upper lips, chine, or any portion of the body, except the eyelids or any other related portion surrounding the eyes. But hair removal should not be done using laser light beams if you have tattoos on your skin because such types of laser procedures might prove to be harmful to your health and skin because the pigment of the skin, but not the hair absorbs the laser beam of light deep inside and thus can cause a skin hazard. It has scientifically experimented that the impact of laser hair removal largely depends on the texture, color, and type of hair color and skin type. This helps to affect the better benefit of laser hair treatment in our bodies.
Experts often say that those who possess dark (brown or black) hair along with light-colored skin get the most benefits of hair removal using laser lights because though the laser gets absorbed only into the surface your skin layers and blocks only the tube-shaped follicles of the hair and prevents damage to the skin surface.
How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal:
Laser treatment and hair removal using laser technology is expensive and serious dermatological treatment. So, it is essentially important to get this treatment for an experienced and qualified dermatologist who has considerable expertise in the field of laser treatments and cosmetic surgery on the skin of several types and in hair. If in case the treatment is conducted by an assistant physicist or a nurse, then it should be under the thorough supervision of your registered medical practitioner. You should always be extra careful in case of skin treatments like spa, salon or clinics, where laser skin and hair treatments are carried on by non-medical practitioners because this treatment is significantly delicate and the handling of laser lights should be done cautiously, which otherwise can pose great danger to your skin and hair health. In that case, it is always advisable to consult and seek advice from the concerned, board-approved dermatologist.
If you are planning for hair removal and skincare treatment using laser technology, then it is important to book an appointment with a proper dermatologist. The doctor is also supposed to take certain steps of preparation before the laser treatment for hair removal. Some of the steps are listed below:
- It is highly important to check your medical history and health profile. The doctor must check on the medicines you take, if you ever had allergic reactions to skin treatments or any sort of skin disorders and infection vulnerability like scarring, and the processes you had followed earlier in case of hair removal
- The doctor is supposed to reveal to you the benefits, risks, and the possible outcomes of the process on your skin, hair, and body before beginning it.
- The doctor might plan a procedurefor the treatment of laser hair removal so that it does not pose any kind of adverse effect to your hair and skin, or the overall body.
Doctors often provide some instructions during the process you prepare yourself for the laser hair removal treatment before the process. Some of them are as follows:
- Staying away from scorching sunlight: Scorching sunrays containharmful components like ultraviolet (UV) and infrared rays that may cause severe damage to your skin. So do not expose yourself to extreme sun rays before a laser hair removal procedure and always apply sunscreens containing SPF 30 before you go out in the sun.
- Using skin lightening components: It is highly restricted to use skin-lightening creams that contain harmful chemicals, and which can potentially cause damage to your skin. To avoid tan, use sunscreens or a safe antiseptic or anti- bleaching crèmes, as prescribed by your dermatologist.
- Avoiding other hair removal methods: Dermatologists highly recommend staying away from processes like plucking, waxing, and electrolysis before the beginning of laser hair removal treatment because in doing such things, there might be a chance of skin and hair damage.
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications: If you are having any medicine that helps in thinning your blood flow, then you should positively let your dermatologist know about this. It is better to avoid such anti- inflammatory, and blood thinning drugs before the laser hair removal treatment.
- Trimming before treatment: Experts and dermatologists often advisetrimming your hair before the process of laser hair removal begins. This is because trimming helps to keep the shaft of the skin hair as it is in the under surface before the treatment begins.
Benefits Of Removal Of Hair Using Laser:
Removal of unwanted hair growth from several parts of the body like the face, legs, chin, back, armpits and hands, the upper portion of lips, bikini line, and many other areas is beneficial for your body because laser removal of hair ensures thinner growth of unwanted body hairs that will take quite a long time to grow further in future.
Some of the benefits of laser removal of body hair are listed below:
Precision and Acuteness: Lasers are beams of light that can accurately spot the corners where there is a growth of unwanted hairs and thus can help to remove them precisely but do not cause any further damage or irritation in the surrounding areas of the skin.
Faster rate: Laser treatment is considered the fastest method of hair removal compared to many other processes like shaving or waxing. It takes just a beam of light rays to fall on the skin hairs (almost a quarter of the area) and treats many hairs together at one go, while the process is done in just a few seconds. But the time interval depends on the portion of the skin mass in which the treatment is going on.
Possible Outcomes Of Laser Hair Removal:
Once you get the laser treatment done on your skin, you are not going to shade the body hair instantly. The process will take place over a considerable period of time, maybe for days or for weeks.
According to experts the growth, loss, and re-growth of body hairs is a repetitive process and thus one needs to be in continuous treatment, it has been scientifically found that laser hair removals work best over the hair follicles that are at the stage of recent growth. The outcome of the laser hair removal is most unpredictable, but mostly the body hair takes longer times (almost several months) to grow back and become much thinner than before.
So, it is important to keep in touch with the laser treatments for steady maintenance and keep unwanted hairs away for a longer period of time.
Potential Risks Of Laser Hair Removal:
There are some extreme health adversities to the frequent use of laser hair removal that largely depends upon a number of factors including skin type, hair color, hair texture, and processes of treatment and post-treatment care. Some of the most common downsides of laser hair removal are as follows:
- Irritation in skin and rashes: This is one of the most common symptoms of the adverse effects of laser hair removal. This condition might also include skin rashes, itching, redness, temporary discomfort, and swelling of skin. But these are temporary symptoms and disappear quickly.
- Changes in skin pigmentation: Laser hair removal might affect the skin portions and cause changes in pigments of thin skin, which either makes the affected portion darker or lighten it up. But these conditions are supposed to be temporary too.
“HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”