Your toddler becomes the most important part of your life. But you know that you also need to work, need to go to the office and need to do some other stuff as well. So, how can your loved one be safe when you are not around? Sometimes people do not have a ‘stay-at-home’ partner so the best options which they find is searching for a babysitter or childcare.
What is childcare?
Childcare is a program that is conducted on a short-term basis and is hosted by someone else other than a parent. There are two types of childcare:
- Individual childcare – in general, we can say that it is a program that is prepared individually for each child. They provide care for only your child. It can be categorized as a babysitter or a babysitter.
- Group childcare – in general, we can say it is a program that is prepared for more than 12 children. They provide care for your child and other children as well. It is a type of preschool.
Finding childcare is a difficult task. You just want to choose the best option which you will find for your child. Thus, you will go for a program that is within your budget, convenient, open when you need it, and with a healthy environment. These are the basic things that you will be looking for in a good childcare program.
Choosing good childcare for your toddler
When choosing childcare always think about your child’s safety. The safety of your child needs to be the utmost priority. After that, you need to consider the facts about spending money accordingly. You simply do not put all your earnings into childcare. So, think wisely and profoundly. And lastly, you need to maintain a daily routine as well.
Features that you need to go for while choosing childcare:
- Safety – Safety is a very big issue and needs to be the utmost priority for your child. First, you need to be certain about the affiliation of childcare. You need to check and confirm the license (registration certificate) with your province. So, it will help you to analyze that all caregivers are well trained for every situation that they might face.
- Consult with your doctors about your child’s attributes – so, to put him or her accordingly in any childcare. This results in the proper amount of exposure for your child according to their level. You need to keep in mind factors such as your child’s age, skill level, and natural outlook. Ask about what the right age is to let children in childcare. Or whether he performs well at home or in a childcare center.
- Moral values – you need to confirm what type of moral values and spiritual values are given in these childcare centers. And you need to choose according to your preference.
- Proper staff – make sure the childcare which you choose is stacked with the proper number of staff. So, every child can receive the amount of attention they need.
- Nature of the caregivers – you should ask the management thoroughly about the nature of the staff because they will be the ones responsible for your child.
- Reliability and consistency – consult the management about consistency and reliability. So, when you need them the most you can easily contact them.
- Convenience – you need to think about the locality and area in which you are sending your child. Make sure the area is abundant and has all the necessities.
Nanny or Daycare, which one is better for your child?
If you want to choose between hiring a personal babysitter or sending your child to daycare or a childcare center. The idea does not need to be stressful. The best way to understand which one is better is to simply Analyse your choices on the level of ‘pros and cons.’ So, after analyzing all the pros and cons of each of them, you can decide which one is better for your child and which one helps him or her more.
For your instance some of the pros and cons of each of them are given below:
Personal Childcare or babysitter:
- They can easily handle and do tasks related to your toddler. From packing their lunch to their potty routine as well.
- They create a consistent bond with your child and give him or her one-on-one attention.
- They can be highly expensive. If they are sick or on leave, your whole schedule is disrupted because of it.
Daycare or group childcare:
- They provide important social interaction with other jolly toddlers.
- The teachers or caregivers are professionals who know what a child needs.
- Your child is exposed to more germs and diseases. As he or she will be meeting with different children.
- There might be a chance that he or she might get neglected or not get the amount of support and care he or she need.
Above given are some of the pros and cons of each of them just to give you an idea about how you need to compare each of them.
Who is Nanny and should you hire one?
A babysitter is a person who is trained in the field of early childhood development. They work and get employed to take care of a child or children daily. It can be part-time as well as full-time if the parents find it necessary. Sometimes parents also hire a ‘live-in Nanny.’ They provide a separate room and bathroom. Sometimes families and neighbors share the same babysitter for their children and split the cost between them.
If you hire a babysitter.
- They wake up early in the morning.
- They help them to get dressed as well.
- They will make their lunch and breakfast.
- They will juggle in between drop-offs and pickups.
So, a babysitter can cater to the needs of your child. That means your child will depend upon her. They will cook for him or her, make your child dress, and help your child in different routines as well. Another big factor is that your child remains in your home. And he is protected from some serious diseases and medical problems, which he or she might get if he is exposed to any group childcare center. Nannies provide consistency and stability because of which your child gets used to them. But the major problem in hiring nannies is that they are very costly, or we can say expensive. Another disadvantage is that your child is limited to only an amount of social interaction which is not sufficient for him or her. If she gets sick or takes a day off, then you will get overwhelmed with the task of your loved one.
Does daycare a more appropriate option?
Daycare or group childcare can also be a good option. First, you need to focus on one thing the daycare must be licensed. This will make you entrust your child with the right person. These people will provide the right amount of care and safety for your child. The best thing you can do is to survey all the daycares by visiting them.
And follow these measures:
- Visit them personally
- Creates a similar list of questions for each of them.
- Ask them about their ratio of caregivers or teachers per child.
- Then ask about their hours of operation.
- Asked them about the meals which will be given to your child and asked them what measures they take when a child has a food allergy.
After going through all of them and choosing the right one for your loved one. It seems to be a really big success. Daycare provides breakfast and lunches. They will provide your child with proper and necessary social interaction. Your child will experience different types of tastes and food. Not only do these daycares have substitute teachers and caregivers, but the variety will allow your child to experience things differently with different caregivers. There are disadvantages as well and these disadvantages are as follows; your child is exposed to different kinds of disease and medical problems. Some daycares do not provide food facilities so it might create problems for you. Having different varieties, your child tends to pick up those qualities to which he is exposed. These qualities and morals can be bad as well as good.
How do you need to make your child go to daycare or a group childcare center?
Your child will need time to adjust to new surroundings. Commonly, your child might cringe or even cry. You can follow these steps to help your child to go to daycare.
- First, prepare your child and yourself.
- Tell your child what is going on and what will be happening.
- Make them work in a new routine slowly and gradually.
- Spend extra time saying goodbyes in the initial days.
- Let your child bring something from home, it might be his or her favorite teddy bear or a toy car.
Follow these steps and choose wisely after considering all the things. A better start always results in a better future.
Disclaimer: “HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”