Tantrums of loved ones
You never thought those little creatures of happiness and cuteness could turn out to be something opposite. Well, it is normal. Sometimes and most of the time they put you on your toes. You need to vibe with the same energy they have. If you do not, then things turn out to be bad.
Every toddler goes through the stage of “Tantrums.” Now, what are Tantrums? Tantrums are a burst of emotions; these emotions are combined with anger and frustration. Your child (toddler) has these types of outbursts mostly after the 17th month of their birth. It mostly happens before his or her second birthday and when it occurs it can be quite a spectacle.
Tantrums at the wrong times or in the wrong places become very embarrassing.
Imagine, if you are in a market or a public place with your cute little toddler. And suddenly the burst of emotions took over him or her and now you are embarrassed, worried, and stressed. These emotions are perfectly normal and healthy. These emotions will help your child to express their anger and frustration, and this will also help them to manage it as well.
Do they exhibit these tantrums on purpose? They do not plan to frustrate on purpose. It is like they are going through some uneasiness in them, or frustration and they are incapable of handling it. In the case of older children tantrums are learned behavior that occurs because of improper measures and negligence.
This does not only mean that they are angry or frustrated, but in fact, sometimes it also shows that they want your attention, and they are craving you.
So, it is not bad as well as it is not good, having tantrums is a part of the life of a child. It entirely depends upon you to help him or her to manage their emotions accordingly. If they are in a marketplace and they are feeling the urge to yell or cry, what should they need to do in that situation? It is you who will guide them.
Toddler’s tantrums and how you can manage them?
Your toddler has now discovered several interesting things like they are one of a kind. When they cry you will give your attention and time to them, when they look into the mirror, they will find themselves smiling back, they also come to know about the fact that they have a name, and when it is called out, they need to respond to it. So, the development and the conscious process will continue. You need to keep in mind that making them go for good things and controlling their tantrums is an especially important thing. Because they will not have any idea that.
- Not everybody is their parents.
- They will not listen to them like their parents.
- They do not think like them.
- They have no interest in sharing their things, their toys, etc.
- They need to play if some other kid wants to play with them.
- They cannot simply hurt other kids if they do not like them.
- They need to behave well with others.
- How they need to conduct them.
So, all these points must be clear to them, and you need to help them understand the value of each point otherwise it will be incredibly stressful for you as well as for your toddler.
The process of development and growth requires patience as well as the right amount of guidance. You are the one that will guide your toddler throughout this growth process. The guidance starts from the very beginning when he used to be a baby. You hold him in your arms and guide him to get fed. So, the guidance begins from the very beginning. The right guidance entirely depends upon the right amount of effort and knowledge. People sometimes take their loved ones’ behavior very casually. They laugh at the things which they do, and that appreciation builds up their confidence in their loved ones. If the appreciation is on the wrong ideas or acts, then it can lead to problems and stress. For example, if your child is crying for some toy that he had seen with some other toddler, you need to pacify him or her not simply purchase the toy for him or her. So, this is what right knowledge and effort are.
We know they want whatever they want, or they like, or they see, they want all those things according to their mood. If you deny them harshly that will create an adverse impact on them. But there is always scope, the scope of doing in a good polite manner. If he or she was insisting then you need to calm him or her down, and explain things with lots of love, affection, and physical contact. It will not be easy but surely it will benefit them and you as well. If they cooperate and listen to you, show them your happiness, this will create an impact that they are doing something good.
Taming Temper Tantrums
The quickest way to stop a tantrum is to provide them with whatever they are seeking, right? Whatever they want just to bombard them with those so they can love you and stop that tantrum of theirs. It will not stop. They build this habit, whenever they want something, they start their tantrums. You need to ignore, guide, and let them know that whatever they are doing is not appropriate. Soon they will acknowledge that, and their tantrums will stop.
You need to follow these guidelines if you want to steer them in the right direction and make them realize that they are not doing the right thing.
- Tell them not, be firm and consistent, and then indulge them with some other activity or place.
- While handling their tantrums, do not lose your temper. Calm yourself down, meditate, inhale and exhale with long breaths to avoid scenarios that might cause problems you do not want and regret.
- They want and love to mimic you, they will try to do things the way you are doing them. Do not get mad at them for those things because for them you are their entire world. If they want to clean the floor with their blanket let them, do it. If they want to stir the batter of the cake, let them do it. This will build a good bond between you and your toddler.
- Make them know the importance of sharing their toys with others. So, this will bring out the best qualities in them. Moreover, let them know the importance of some of their important or dearest toys so they can put them off-limits to others.
- Always read books, books with good stories. Those stories help them to understand good and bad. And make them understand the major lessons of life.
- Teach them habits, like brushing their teeth before bed and washing their hands before eating or after playing.
- Make them respect their elders and how they need to conduct themselves in gatherings and or in public places.
The best way to respond to tantrums is to stay calm and put, if you lose control, they might imitate your behavior.
You need to follow these basic measures with your loved ones. As they grow and become the best version of themselves.
Is there any professional help needed?
In most cases, the tantrums become less as they grow old. Mostly at the age of three.
If your child is causing harm to himself or herself or others, you need to call your child’s doctor so he can analyze what the problem is with him or her and whether your child might need some medical assistance or guidance.
Disclaimer: “HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”