In the present day, a lot of people are found to be suffering from several types of health issues, and one of them is digestion-related complications. Digestive problems occur when the gastrointestinal tract of the body fails to function properly and as a result, the food that you are taking in through your regular diet is not digested properly. When the food components that you are having are not digested properly, there are higher risks of developing indigestion, which can also lead to other problems as well, some of which are burping, gas, and/ or bloating. While gas leads to discomfort in your stomach, bloating makes you feel full and uncomfortable. Bloating occurs when a person’s stomach is full, and this occurs when your body has already formed gas that causes stomach upset.
If you are a person who is suffering from intense conditions of gastritis, bloating, and frequent burping, then this one is probably the most effective and important article for you that will help you to get a detailed idea about what gas, bloating, and burping is all about, how one feels when these types of conditions occur in your body as a result of problems related to digestion and enteric conditions. Read the article till the end to know all the details about gas, bloating, and burping.
Gas, Bloating, And Belching: How All Of These Are Connected To Each Other?
The passing of gases is quite a normal occurrence. In fact, it is often said that any average adult can pass gases at least 13 to 21 times each day. In fact, passing the gas is a very usual and healthy thing that occurs to your body after you consume a meal. When a gas passes out of the body of a human being, it is often understood that the body has effectively digested the food that was consumed a few while ago. But the deposition of gases in the body is not a good sign and this condition can lead to discomfort in your body. Gas deposition starts in the intestines as a result of improper digestion of the food components that you had in your diet. When gas builds up in your body, you are most likely to experience burping and as a result of this, your stomach might get bloated for a long time and you might experience pain and discomfort in your body. Apart from mere indigestion, gas, bloating, and burping can also occur to you if you are suffering from any sort of gastrointestinal problems like constipation or any other condition that includes a lack of proper digestion and absorption, such as diarrhea. Apart from that, there are some other factors as well that lead to the occurrence of gas and indigestion. Some of those conditions can be listed here as follows:
- Eating an increased amount of food components
- Chewing gum for a long time
- Excessive smoking of cigarettes
- You are taking in air while you are eating or drinking water
When you feel that you are having problems like a gas deposition in your intestine that is resulting in stomach upset and other problems related to indigestion, then you must assume that there might be certain underlying health adversities, such as follows:
- Intolerance of lactose can lead to indigestion
- Gastroenteritis, that is, gastric issues
- Diabetes mellitus
- Peptic ulcer
- Celiac disease
- The side effect of certain diseases
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
When you find that you are suffering from these types of problems, then you must positively consider seeking advice from your concerned healthcare expert to treat the conditions. Apart from being sick with digestion-related issues, there are some other factors also that can contribute to the development of gas, burping, and bloated condition of the stomach. In many cases, it has been found that when you change your daily diet, you are more likely to face signs of gases, a bloated stomach, or frequent belching. These changes in diet can have the inclusion of the following dietary components:
- Foods that are rich in high-fiber
- Foods that are highly spicy
- Consumption of beans and lentils
- Over-the-counter drinks and supplements
- Overprocessed or excessively fried foods
- Foods that are rich in trans fats
- Carbonated drinks
- High consumption of artificial food components
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, sorbitol, maltitol, and other products
- Prune or prune juices
- Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and so on
Gas, Bloating, And Belching: What Should You Do To Reduce Them?
If you think that you are suffering from conditions such as bloating, belching, and build-up of intestinal gas, then you should take certain steps that will help you to lower down and prevent the occurrences of these types of digestion-related problems. Some such measures can be listed here as follows:
- Try to eat and drink slowly: when you are consuming food or drinking water or any other fluid, then there are chances that you are taking it in the air. Once you take in the air inside your body, then the risk of gas build-up increases. Thus, you should eat and drink slowly each time you are having food or water in a day.
- Limit your regular smoking: those who are chain smokers or have a greater intake of smoke while having cigarettes, tend to inhale more air compared to others and thus they are more likely to burp or develop gas. Thus, to avoid belching and gas, reduce your daily smoking.
- Limit your consumption of carbonated drinks: carbonated drinks lead to the intake of more gas, especially carbon dioxide which leads to continuous burping and gas.
- Avoid chewing gums: this can help you to lower the occurrence of gas and bloating because this reduces the lowering of air intake while chewing gum or hard candy.
- Treat your conditions of heartburn: heartburn is one of the common factors that increase the risk of gas and bloating and accelerates indigestion. Once you can treat heartburn and indigestion, the problems of gas and bloating will gradually reduce to occur.
- Avoid or limit the consumption of specific food components: there are certain food components that enhance the occurrence of gas, bloating, and belching. Thus, to reduce their occurrence, you should limit the consumption of certain specific food components, such as broccoli, cauliflower, onions, peas, beans, whole-grain food sources, and so on.
- Try having over-the-counter remedies: there are certain types of over-the-counter remedies, for instance, products such as Lactaid, Dairy Ease, and so on, can help in easier digestion of lactose, and thus it lowers down the risk of indigestion, heartburn, and thus reduces the occurrence of gas and bloating.
- Avoid foods that are high in fat content: try to limit or avoid foods that are high in fat content to lower the occurrence of gas, bloating, and belching.
- Reduce the consumption of foods that are high in fiber: as has already been mentioned above, food components that are rich in fiber content, this is because foods that are rich in fiber content can produce a high amount of gas. Thus, it would be wise to reduce the intake of foods that are fiber to lower the occurrence of bloating, gas, and belching.
Other than these, there are some more ways that you can follow to reduce gas, bloating, and belching. Some of them are given below:
- Limit smoking and intake of alcohol
- When having a meal or drinking water, you must sit down and chew the food properly for better digestion and lowering of gas, bloating, and belching
- Do not consume a high amount of caffeinated or carbonated beverages
- Do not talk much while eating or drinking
- Avoid foods that lead to gas, bloating, and belching
Now that you know how to avoid the occurrence of gas, bloating, and belching, you must also know the list of food components that you should add to your daily diet to prevent the occurrence of such conditions. Some such essential components can be listed as follows:
- Peppermint: It has been found according to recent studies and experimental research, that if you consume peppermint, then the problems related to digestion, such as irritable bowel syndrome or IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) can be cured, and help to treat heartburn, that can also reduce gas, bloating, and belching.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea is known for its medicinal properties. The essential health extracts in chamomile tea help to treat indigestion and related problems such as heartburn, which also lowers the occurrence of gas, bloating, and belching.
- Cloves: Cloves also consist of certain medical properties and the health benefits that are present in the extracts of cloves help to reduce gas, bloating, and belching by treating digestion problems.
Disclaimer: “HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”