If a person’s feet ache because of several reasons, what could be better than a good foot massage? Foot massage will provide a type of relaxation. People do not know about the benefits of foot massage. Therefore, without discovering, knowing, and acknowledging the wonders of foot massage. They simply tend towards the rapid solution. There are several reasons that scientific research shows about foot massage. Research shows that it promotes many health benefits.
Insight about foot massage
When we talk about foot messages it does not only provide relaxation or soothe your pain, but it also stimulates your nervous system as well. The stimulation of the nervous system results in a state where you start to feel good and relaxed. The brain releases chemicals like endorphins. Endorphins are a type of chemical that is responsible for creating the effect of relaxation in an individual. Moreover, the limitation is not precise for the feeling of relaxation, but it also boosts your circulation. Foot massage is important because it also helps in the healing process and apart from this, it keeps your tissues and muscles healthy. Because if they are not healthy, they can add problems that are considered as poor circulation or nerve damage. Rubbing or massaging your feet gives you a chance to analyze other problems. These problems can be sores, corn, and ingrown toenails.
What is foot reflexology?
Reflexology is a type of process (a type of massage therapy technique that stimulates nerves.) that is safe and completely natural, and it enhances the qualitative factor of your life. There are nerve points that are present mostly in the palm of your hand and the bottom of your foot. These nerves are connected to different organs and glands in your body. Reflexology helps in different ways such as;
- Managing stress and relaxation – reflexology helps in maintaining both stress and relaxation. It happens when a person applies pressure to certain points.
- Managing pain – reflexology is used to deal with both acute and as well as chronic pain.
- Helps with Digestion – reflexology helps in digestion the acupressure points are somehow interlinked to the bowel movement. Though more thorough research needs to be done on it.
- Reduce Eyestrain – the acupressure points that are present, upon activating can reduce the strain on the eyes.
- It improves sleep – reflexology is beneficial in helping you to relax and it reduces stress as well. Hence it promotes good sleep.
What is the difference between massage and reflexology?
The basic difference between Massage and reflexology is that massage does not include precision whereas reflexology requires precision. This precision is entirely based on the stroking of the body part. For instance, reflexology requires putting and pressing pressure on certain points on the foot as well as on the palm. Whereas massage does not require that type of certain precision.
What are the side effects of reflexology?
Given below are certain side effects of reflexology;
- Strong emotions
Reflexology is not recommended for those who have problems with blood clots or blood circulation issues. Moreover, women, who are pregnant are also advised to consult with their doctors before trying reflexology.
How to do a proper foot massage?
Many people ask this question: how can they give the proper foot massage? Well, there are certain steps that you can follow to have a proper foot massage. These steps are given below:
- , you need to put a small amount of massaging lotion or oil. After that apply that lotion or oil on the foot very smoothly.
- Now, hold the foot firmly in both of your hands and thoroughly rub it from the top to the bottom of the foot. That is rub the top of the foot with your thumbs and proceed with the motion to the ankles. Make a firm motion with your thumbs and repeat this step for some time.
- In the third step, you need to use both of your hands again and with the help of the thumbs you need to start from the bottom of the foot, that is the ankle part. You need to rub the ankle part thoroughly and then slowly take it towards the heel part. After completing one cycle go back to the initial position from where you have started massaging, that is towards the toes, and then rub the bottom of the foot with your thumbs. Repeat this step about two to three times.
- Repeat the above-given steps on the other foot.
What are the benefits of foot massage?
There are several benefits of foot massage and more precisely if we want to state, the benefits of reflexology. Given below are some of the major benefits of reflexology:
- It promotes mental health and wellness – if a person regularly has a foot massage, it can help him or her to make a psychological balance. Foot massage of the soft tissues of the hands or feet provides emotional comfort to you.
- It acts as natural pain relief – massaging the foot can act as pain relief. This pain is not only precise to the feet. For instance, women who gave birth through C- sections births, reported reduced post-op pain as compared with the placebo group .
- It is beneficial and has relief factors after having cancer symptoms and chemotherapy side effects – foot massage helps cancer patients not only to get relief from pain but also from nausea. Moreover, women who are suffering from breast cancer after the sample testing of undergoing treatment, came out to be that they are having less shortness of breath and improved energy levels as well.
- Foot Massage – Multiple Sclerosis Symptom Relief – reflexology was able to provide relief from the crippling fatigue that so many people with multiple sclerosis suffer from.
- It can reduce high blood pressure – it is helpful in treating the problem of Hypertension or commonly known as high blood pressure. It significantly improves systolic blood pressure and blood triglyceride levels.
- It can also help in providing the relief of PMS symptoms – women who are suffering from intolerable PMS symptoms each month that includes bloating, cramps, and mood changes saw a remarkable reduction in these symptoms because of reflexology.
- It is beneficial for swollen legs – it helps with Edema. Edema is a problem in which the retention of fluids in the body happens. Because of this there is swelling in the legs. It is normal during pregnancy. Regular reflexology results in a reduction in the problem of swollen legs.
- It promotes better sleep – having a foot massage before heading to bed results in having a good quality sleep. It creates a type of sensation that acts as a soothing and relaxing effect on the body.
- It improves blood circulation – foot massage helps in improving the blood circulation in the human body. People who are stick to their chairs or to their beds have poor blood circulation hence, foot massage will help them to get the proper amount of blood circulation moreover, sometimes improper blood circulation happens because of uncomfortable footwear, therefore, always try to wear comfortable footwear.
- It helps to fight depression – foot massage helps to fight depression. Depression is another problem that can cause serious damage to a person’s health therefore, it is advisable to do a foot massage before heading to bed to avoid the situation of getting into depression.
One needs to keep in mind while doing reflexology, it might not be classified as a scientifically proven medical treatment for health conditions. But it has been used for centuries to treat many ailments. One needs to understand all the pros and cons of reflexology before going for it. Always consult with your doctors or medical experts before going for reflexology.
Disclaimer: “HealthLink.news does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. HealthLink.news makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE HealthLink.news WEBSITE.”